Chocolate Tiffins with orange zest
Updated: Jan 20
2 packets of digestive biscuits
2 whole orange skins
4 Tbsp butter
200g of milk chocolate
100g of white chocolate
1/4 Tsp orange food colouring
1. Pour the biscuits into a bowl and crush them using the bottom of a rolling pin
2. Grate the zest from the orange skins into the crushed biscuits
3. In a pyrex jar, add 100g of the milk chocolate and butter
4. Place the jar into the microwave (900W) for 2 mins.
5. Whisk the chocolate and the butter together with a fork to create a smooth chocolate mixture
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into the crushed biscuit mix
7. Fold the ingredients until fully combined
8. Pour the biscuit mixture into a non-stick tin/dish to create a base for your tiffin
9. Melt the remaining milk chocolate in a pyrex jar, in the microwave for 1min 30 sec
10. Pour the melted chocolate on top of the base
11. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl/pyrex jar in the microwave for 1min 30 sec
12. Add the food colouring to the melted white chocolate and mix it until the chocolate becomes orange
13. Pour the 'orange' chocolate in thin lines onto of the milk chocolate. Then use a stick to drag the 'orange' chocolate over the surface to make a pattern.
14. Refrigerate for 30-60 mins or until the chocolate sets.
15. Cut the tiffins into squares but before you do that, make sure you let it sit out for a few minutes just to make it a little easier to cut as its going to be very stiff if you cut it straight away.